General dredging course
The course is designed for both technical and non-technical management professionals in dredging-related industries. This intensive program will feature several excursions, a guest lecture about the Port of Rotterdam and a one-day simulator experience on an IHC Beaver® cutter suction dredger.
- gain overview of different dredging processes, dredging equipment & dredging projects
- set-up of dredging organisation and project teams
- identify the dredging constraints in relation to dredging project and equipment
- explain the value of site investigation and surveying.
Location and duration
This two-week program is held at the IHC Training Institute in Kinderdijk, The Netherlands.
Note: we can customize and personalize this, or any other, training to your specific needs and wishes. Contact us for more information.
The following topics will be covered during this training:
Different dredging applications within a port
- eg. maintenance dredging
- capital dredging
Dredge project phases
- feasibility studies
- construction and maintenance
Dredging equipment types and boundaries for their use
Scoping site conditions
- soil characteristics
- environmental aspects
Fundamentals of hydrographic surveying
Dredge project management including costs and contracts
Fundamentals of hydraulic transportation and dredge pumps
Environmental aspects of dredging
KirstenOrselEvent Coordinator, IHC Training Institute (ITI)
Register for our general dredging course