Introduction to dredging - online
Gain complete insight in dredging, port maintenance and reclamation projects during this introduction. This course is designed for those who seek to expand expertise in the field of dredging.
- gain overview of different dredging projects and dredging equipment
- set-up of dredging organization and project teams
- select dredging equipment based on project types and soil characteristics
- sain insight in project phases
- identify the dredging constrains in relation to dredging project and equipment.
Location and duration
This is a digital training and will be given to you via an MS Teams environment. The online course will take four half-days online. Times of the course will depend on the region of the majority of the participants.
Note: we can customize and personalize this, or any other, training to your specific needs and wishes. Contact us for more information.
The digital training will consist of technical lectures, workshops and group discussions about dredging. The participants will get individual and group assignments.
The following topics will be covered during this training:
- port maintenance
- land reclamation
- dredge mining
- life-cycle of a project
Dredging equipment & components
- trailing suction hopper dredgers
- cutter suction dredgers
- mechanical dredgers
- site conditions
- environmental conditions
- soil characteristics
- determination of dredger production
- calculation of dredger costs
KirstenOrselEvent Coordinator, IHC Training Institute (ITI)
Register for our introduction to dredging course - online