- set-up dredging projects and optimize running dredging projects
- calculate and interpret the cost of dredging projects based on industry standards
- perform risk analyses
- set-up the overall and financial planning
- know how to follow up a dredging project.
This training is held either digitally or on site at the IHC Training Institute in Kinderdijk, The Netherlands. The course takes five days.
Note: we can customize and personalize this, or any other, training to your specific needs and wishes. Contact us for more information.
The course will give insight on the following topics:
- different dredging applications within ports, rivers, and coastal areas, such as maintenance dredging, capital dredging and environmental dredging
- dredging equipment types and boundaries for their use
- cutter suction and trailing suction hopper dredger layout and components
- practical aspects of dredging operations
- fundamentals of hydraulic transportation and dredge pumps
- scoping site conditions, for example soil characteristics, environmental aspects and meteorological condition
- dredge project phases, including identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction and maintenance
- dredge project management, including costs and contracts.
Event Coordinator, IHC Training Institute (ITI)
Register for our project staff training