TSHD simulator training
This exclusive training program is for maritime officers and pipe operators working on trailing suction hopper dredgers. Participants will receive both theoretical training in our classroom as simulator training on our advanced state-of-the-art simulator. This course gives you the unique opportunity to work on the dredging desk of a TSHD. From sailing to loading and unloading, all elements of the dredge cycle are simulated in detail. Experience real-life scenarios in a controlled environment.
- increased ability to perform basic dredge operations
- familiarization with modern TSHD automation and control systems, such as SCADA, STPM, and DLM
- improved understanding of the processes and skills required for hopper operations.
Location and duration
This TSHD training will be held at the IHC Training Institute in Kinderdijk, the Netherlands. The course will take five days.
Note: we can customize and personalize this, or any other, training to your specific needs and wishes. Contact us for more information.
The following topics will be addressed:
- operational preparations
- dredging procedures
- dredging in challenging situations
- practical issues
- desk controls
- basic dredging exercises
- startup and shutdown procedures
- settlement processes
- suction processes
- dumping processes and procedures
- emergency procedures.
KirstenOrselEvent Coordinator, IHC Training Institute (ITI)
Register for our TSHD simulator training