At Royal IHC, safety comes first. Our people are our most valuable assets, making safety in the workplace a core value. This is embedded in our strategy and in our company’s culture. ‘Zero’ is our goal: zero injuries, zero accidents and zero damage. We provide safety courses to increase safety awareness, and all employees – including our contractors and subcontractors – are expected to take the following values and rules to heart, and act accordingly.
- I am responsible for my own safety
- I communicate with others about working safely
- I take action in cases of unsafe behaviour and, if necessary, I stop the job
- I accept feedback regarding the safety of my behaviour regardless of rank and position
- I report all incidents, including near misses, to inform others and build on lessons learned.
- safe behaviour is required in order to work
- analyse and control risks
- keep all workplaces clean and tidy
- work according to the IHC work permit system
- be fit for duty and wear the required personal protection equipment (PPE) provided
- stay informed about risk and control measures.
A guidance document and training video are available at the reception of our premises to inform contractors, subcontractors and visitors of important contact numbers, and environmental and safety policies.