The 'Balticborg' and her sistership 'Bothniaborg' operate on a long-term charter with Kappa Kraftliners and operate on a biweekly round-trip between Germany, UK and The Netherlands and are part of the new 'RoRo2Stockholm' route. The main functions of the vessels are:
- Load, transport and discharge paper rolls with own ramps via roll on/roll off method.
- Load, transport and discharge paper; other cargoes for the return trip such as trucks, trailers and containers.
- Possess a high-degree of manoeuvrability.
Special feature of the vessels is their environmental friendly design; resulting in the Bureau Veritas class notation CLEAN-AIR and CLEAN-SEA 7+.
Vuyk was responsible for:
- the constructional basic design
- the basic engine room layout
- the ship's system diagrams
- workshop drawings
- routing of ship's piping
- detailed drawings.
|Length overall||153.05 m|
|Length between perpendiculars||144.20 m|
|Breadth moulded||21.60 m|
|Depth moulded||8.40 m|
|Gross tonnage||12640 GT|
|Hold capacity bale||678700 cu.ft|
|Lane metres||1600 m|
|Total trailer capacity||190 x 12 m|
|Maximum container capacity||208 TEU + 104 TEU|
|Service speed||16.5 kn|
|Main diesel engine
||1x Wärtsilä, type 9L46 of 9 450 kW
|Bow thruster||2x 515 kW , fixed pitch|
|Stern thruster||1x 515 kW, fixed pitch|