The French stern trawler 'Sandettie' built in 1981, has been converted by the Dutch Shipyard Reimerswaal. The vessel is owned by France Pélagique of Paris, a subsidiary of the well-known Dutch fishing company Jaczon of Scheveningen. Jaczon was responsible for this job, acting as technical manager. The aim of the conversion was to upgrade the fish processing and catching equipment to comply with the latest technology. Before fitting the new equipment, the old frosters, packing machinery etc. were removed. In the clean and half-emptied ship, new spaces were created for the new equipment and tanks.
Jaczon appealed to the knowledge and experience of Vuyk for the necessary construction drawings and general engineering works.
Major items of this extensive conversion are:
- Total renewal of the fish processing-, freezing- and packing equipment.
- Upgrading of the catching equipment with a new fish pump installation.
- Additional crane on the aft gantry.
- Upgrading of the aft deck arrangement.
- Upgrading and extension of the RSW tanks
- Renewal of the funnel's upper part. .
- Upgrading of the freezing and cooling equipment in the engine- and compressor room.
- Extending and upgrading the accommodation.\
- Renewal of auxiliary engine.
After a conversion period of six months, the vessel was ready for sea trials, which were completed successfully.
|Length overall||86.25 m|
|Length between perpendiculars||78.76 m|
|Breadth moulded||12.50 m|
|Depth to main deck||8.00 m|
|Draught summer||5.23 m|
|Fish grading machine capacity;||18.00 t/h|
|Plate freezers|| 8x 20 stations
11x 26 stations
|RSW tank capacity approx.||170 m3|