- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Your main task consists of assembling and installing mechanical installations on board standard and custom-built cutter suction dredgers and the (partial) start-up of the systems on board these ships.
Within this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- assembling mechanical components into units (pumps, filters, appendages, etc)
- installing equipment, electrical components and units on board the ship
- checking, aligning, correcting (if necessary) and commissioning systems (pump installations, fuel systems, lubricating oil systems and cooling water systems) and installations (motors, gear casing, propeller shafts, dredge pumps, etc) present on board
- guiding and giving instructions to suppliers and subcontractors during the commissioning of their installations.
The position is full-time. Overtime work is possible, especially near the final phase of a project. You may also be required to go on sea trials, which means that several times a year you will be away from home for a number of days at a time.
In addition, we expect you to:
- be a practical employee who thinks and works at the secondary vocational education level (with a mechanical engineering degree from a senior technical school)
- have several years of experience in the field of assembling complex products (the ability to read drawings and experience with dredging products are advantages)
- have knowledge of mechanical engineering, hydraulics and electrical engineering
- have good communication and social skills, and a positive attitude
- be flexible in terms of your working location in The Netherlands and, if necessary, (temporarily) abroad
- work well in a team and be capable of clearly communicating expectations and goals to colleagues, third-party employees and suppliers
- be proficient in Dutch and English.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Assembler IV you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Shipbuilding is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Assembler IV and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.