- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Basic Engineer Machinery & Piping you work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group and will be based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel. The Shipbuilding Group engineers produce complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. As a Basic Engineer Machinery & Piping you are responsible for analyzing, designing, and maintaining IHC products, technologies, production processes, installations and equipment related to Machinery & Piping engineering. You work according to customer requirements and technical and operational guidelines in order to contribute efficient production and to optimize the quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment.
- you analyze and assess customer requirements related to products and processes (materials, process, quality, product specifications) and perform initial opportunity and risk analyses
- you set up and complete the 3D model of the construction, systems, equipment and procedures based on relevant information and specifications
- you examine the processed drawings on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user friendliness and, where needed, adjust or elaborate the documents and system information and provide input for detail plan for Machinery & Piping engineering. If applicable you calculate weight and relevant technical details, and determine specifications for work to be outsourced
- you revise the basic engineering package, based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others, and where needed discuss with Lead Engineer and/or relevant stakeholders
- you support internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and aftersales on technical aspects and questions
- you document activities performed on processes, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses
- you identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
To be considered as our new Basic Engineer Machinery & Piping you meet the following qualifications:
- you have obtained a Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical engineering or other technical discipline (e.g. Aerospace Engineering)
- you have at least 3-5 years relevant working experience
- you have excellent analytical skills, good communication skills and good problem solving skills
- you have an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable.
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate the unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer you a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labor contract, competitive salary and benefits package and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
As Basic Engineer Machinery & Piping you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group. The Shipbuilding Group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The Engineering department of the Shipbuilding Group is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel in The Netherlands.
The Engineering department is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Basic Engineer Machinery & Piping and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.