- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
In this role, you will determine the cost price of dredger parts. Following a tender from a (potential) customer, you will compile and elaborate on all the necessary information to create a competitive offer. This includes collecting and analysing technical data, and making capacity and strength calculations. In addition, you are responsible for the external and internal documentation/information concerning the quotation and subsequent order processing.
These activities will take place in the Cutters department at IHC Holland Shipbuilding (currently in Kinderdijk). This is where standard dredgers (IHC Beavers) and custom-built dredging equipment (cutter suction dredgers, split barges and backhoes) are designed and built. The construction may take place at different locations in The Netherlands and abroad.
As the Calculator, you will be responsible for the following;
- maintaining the standard costs for IHC Beavers in terms of pricing and options
- utilising pre-calculations provided by designers and absorbing these when costing dredging equipment
- budgeting and accounting for significant changes during the order execution in conjunction with the Sales department
- analysing and processing price developments in the market
- determining budgets based on summary data
- performing any technical, commercial and organisational duties as required
- making independent computations and calculations
- working on one or more calculations/offers at the same time
- communicating regularly with stakeholders (account managers, customers, and the Engineering and Manufacturing departments)
- producing tender documents
- ensuring that documentation is kept to a high standard and clearly structured
- monitoring the pre- and post-calculation results
- initiating improvements in order to work more efficiently.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a HBO-level of education
- three to five years of experience in a technical environment
- experience in budgeting and affinity with the market and associated products
- experience of working with Cleopatra software
- a focus on quality and accuracy
- flexibility to complete tasks fully and on time
- feeling for / known with commercial interests, price and time pressure, etc .
- commercial awareness and excellent communication skills
- be happy to work independently and a keen sense of responsibility
- an excellent grasp of Microsoft Excel.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Calculator you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Holland is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Calculator and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.