- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Commercial Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will be responsible for the technical refinement of projects. The Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) team of IHC Services is a project-oriented organisation, which means their work covers proposals, basic designs, calculations and drawings, liaison, the drafting of procedures, delivering products and maintaining a presence in the field. At every stage, they are in close consultation with the customer, and take into account all relevant standards, safety rules, and quality and inspection protocols. They expect an innovative contribution from our project engineers with regard to existing product modifications and upgrades, and employ 3D Solid Edge, Teamcenter PDM and Femap for FEM analyses requirements. As Commercial Engineer LCE, you will be responsible for the following:
- translating customer needs into specific proposals
- cooperating closely with the customer and IHC (lead) engineers on technical solutions
- bearing responsibility for following up customer requirements and technical feasibility
- liaising with account managers and other internal departments
- supporting lead engineers and other departments on expediting projects.
To be eligible for the position of Commercial Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you must have the following profile:
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in shipbuilding or mechanical engineering
- at least six years of relevant experience (either in heavy maritime equipment or shipbuilding)
- experience with 3D CAD software and willing to learn about the complex technical systems available on board vessels
- excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- proactive, creative and flexible attitude
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Commercial Engineer, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across the Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Commercial Engineer Life Cycle Engineering and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.