- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Commercial Officer, you will provide contractual and commercial oversight with regards to the contractual operations of the company. You will liaise closely with Project Management – assisting where possible – and provide support to the Senior Commercial Officer. You will also be required to demonstrate that team actions are compliant with the company’s commercial policies and will strive for continuous improvement.
To be eligible for the role of Commercial Officer, you must have the following:
- a relevant degree in business or engineering
- experience and knowledge of working within a tendering and project management role
- experience in leading complex negotiations
- a solid understanding of the subsea industry
- an understanding of commercial contractual terms and conditions – ideally gained within an offshore contracting environment
- a commercially astute nature
- strong experience in project management
- experience in front-end sales, estimating processes and back-end project support
- the ability to contribute to the whole project life cycle
- an awareness of the impact of certain aspects of the law
- an understanding of financial and management accounting, with keen focus on profit and loss
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- the ability to work across functions to provide the service required to both the customer and the company
- the ability to lead and motivate in a matrix organisation and form effective networks
- the ability to establish and maintain effective customer relationships
- attention to detail in all work undertaken
- experience in reporting and controlling costs and variations
- the ability to prioritise workload in a high-pressure and highly complex contractual landscape
- the ability to adapt quickly to meet the demands of a changing political and contractual environment.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
IHC Engineering Business Ltd, part of Royal IHC Group delivers bespoke engineering solutions for complex offshore applications, working with clients across the offshore oil and gas, submarine telecoms and renewable offshore power industries. Offering a full design and build a solution from concept development, product delivery and through life support, including rental assets. Our core expertise includes pipe and cable lay, subsea trenching and offshore handling.
As Commercial Officer you will work at our UK office, based in Stocksfield, Northumberland. Royal IHC is the global market leader in the construction of specialised ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Commercial Officer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.