- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Commissioning Engineer, you will not only work in The Netherlands, but elsewhere across the world as required. IHC’s Service Operations department is accessible to customers on a global 24/7 basis, offering startup and guarantee services, training and technical support. It is made up of specialists, such as commissioning engineers, dredgemasters, and electrotechnical and project engineers.
Within this role, your duties will include the following:
- commissioning and testing equipment/installations
- instructing customers at our building yards or on location
- planning, coordinating and reporting on commissioning processes
- coordinating all related stakeholders concerning the vessel
- assisting with troubleshooting
- acting as a vital link between the operation of the customer and IHC, including passing on feedback to the organisation
- understanding the customer’s needs and offering the optimal solutions for their requirements.
To be eligible for the position of Commissioning Engineer, you must have the following:
- a higher vocational level (HBO), preferably from a nautical college
- at least five years of experience as an engineer on offshore installations
- an excellent command of English (another language is advantageous)
- the ability to work and live on international sites and vessels
- a willingness to travel and be away from home for a long period of time
- a valid Chief engineer (CoC) is advantageous
- valid offshore examination, training, VCA and hoisting certificates are advantageous
- excellent communication skills
- an independent, flexible and solution-oriented nature, as well as a stress-resistant and customer-oriented personality.
We offer you a challenging role at a company in which technology is placed at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work for an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued and where you have every opportunity to develop further. Our terms of employment may be described as excellent, and include reimbursement for your travel costs, an annual profit share, a highly beneficial pension scheme, access to appropriate training courses, and 40 days of annual leave.
As a Commissioning Engineer, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy.
With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Commissioning Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.