- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
The One IHC programme develops and implements uniform processes, enterprise-wide data models and state-of-the-art software systems within Royal IHC. As part of this, IHC is converting a high volume of legacy data from our old software systems to our new landscape, comprising IHC’s core software systems (ERP, PDM, CAD and Planning). At IHC, the migration is complex: we come from a landscape of more than 10 different ERP systems, various PDM systems and multiple CAD systems, along with a variety of technical products. Our aim is to realise one ERP system, one PDM system and a much smaller number of CAD systems. As such, the data migration (including information on parts, customers, suppliers, resources and transactions) is a significant undertaking, especially where engineering data is concerned.
Your main responsibility is to investigate data sources and analyse the quality of data within them. In addition, you will be tasked with cleansing data, and mapping and converting it to the new data model. For this, you will use a state-of-the-art ETL toolkit built on Oracle’s EDQ/EDQP platform. You will be a key member of One IHC’s roll-out team and report to the Data Migration Manager. As a Data Migration Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- exporting data from a multitude of existing software systems and databases
- gaining a deeper understanding of the usage of legacy systems and data by interacting with local data experts
- investigating and determining the quality of the data
- cleansing data according to carefully documented and coherently explained principles
- converting data to the new information model, which may also involve splitting and combining data according to prescribed algorithms
- verifying and testing the correctness of data
- importing/migrating data to the new systems
- reporting progress to the Team Leader.
To be eligible for the position of Data Migration Specialist, you must have:
- an HBO level of education (up to and including higher vocational level)
- at least three years of experience in a comparable position (especially with regards to data cleansing, mapping and conversion)
- highly developed computer skills and experience with ETL tools, such as Oracle EDQ
- demonstrable skills in data manipulation and extraction techniques, for example by utilising SQL or other languages for scripting
- fluency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access
- an excellent command of Dutch and English (with at least one being your native language)
- a motivated, proactive and disciplined attitude, with an eye for detail and a passion for faultless results
- strong communication skills
- the willingness to occasionally travel to IHC’s other offices in The Netherlands or the UK
- an affinity for – or experience in – industrial/technical environments
- a flexible attitude towards working hours in support of the data migration/conversion activities.
- only candidates that qualify for work visa will be considered viable.
Knowledge of IFS Applications, Oracle CRM or Siemens Teamcenter is considered an advantage, but not necessary.
Please note, only candidates that qualify for a work visa will be considered for this position. In addition, an online assessment and screening may form part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you as Data Migration Specialist a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. You are part of a diverse team of highly skilled people. At One IHC you can be world-class at integrating processes, data and ICT in the maritime industry. We offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
One IHC is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Data Migration Specialist and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.