- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
The One IHC programme develops and implements uniform processes, enterprise-wide data models and state-of-the-art software systems within Royal IHC. One of the functional areas in IHC’s processes is Define: design, cost estimation and engineering. Our Product Specialists design the detailed processes and input the configurations into IHC’s core software systems (PDM, CAD, ERP and Planning). They work together with Procurement and Logistics, Make, Services, Planning and other specialist teams to realise an integrated solution for IHC.
As Define Product Specialist you will work with the One IHC configuration team and follow an ‘agile’ way of working. Each scrum team consists of key business users, specialists, IT application managers and IT specialists. As Define Product Specialist, you will liaise with IHC’s Define Product Owner and Business Process Owner. As a Product Specialist you will be responsible for the following:
- detailing the future work processes in the ‘define product’ area, making sure that they meet the business requirements and fit the other functional areas such as ‘make’
- formulating solutions and alternatives in consultation with colleagues, the Product Owner and programme management
- preparing detailed software configuration specifications as input for application managers
- devising functional test scripts to capture the representative business flows and provide a starting point for testing
- validating software configurations from the user’s perspective, by performing functional tests
- consolidating all decisions in IHC’s process modelling portal
- defining training process flows and learning goals for our training team so they can develop resource materials
- transferring knowledge to business users to allow them to work efficiently with the One IHC results
- advising the roll-out team with regards to the implementation.
To be eligible for this position of Define Product Specialist, you must have:
- a PhD-level education
- a proven affinity for design and engineering (of large equipment)
- a solid understanding of processes and how to model them
- demonstrable knowledge of complex applications, such as PDM, CAD and ERP
- a penchant for figuring out the details that matter in complex IT applications
- excellent communication, presentation and team skills
- a solution-oriented attitude
- excellent communication skills in English, spoken and written (Dutch is considered as a plus)
- the ambition and drive to excel at anything you turn your hand to
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you as Define Product Specialist a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. You are part of a diverse team of highly skilled people. At One IHC you can be world-class at integrating processes, data and ICT in the maritime industry. We offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Royal IHC (IHC) is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Define Product Specialist and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.