- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
The One IHC programme develops and implements uniform processes, enterprise-wide data models and state-of-the-art software systems within Royal IHC. As part of this, IHC is converting many legacy data from our old software systems to our new landscape, consisting of IHC’s core software systems (ERP, PDM, CAD, Planning). For this IHC employs an Extract/ Transform/ Load toolkit of Oracle, using both EDQ and EDQP. This combination ensures that the best possible quality of data is migrated to the new systems and ensures that multiple business units can be migrated in parallel.
EDQ is used to retrieve data from all legacy systems, check and/or convert the data and create load files for the new systems. EDQP is used to recognize (unstructured) part classification data (classes, features, etc). For this, it uses lenses which need to be created and trained to recognize certain texts (or combinations of texts) as classes or features. These classes and features are defined by class owners and subsequently created in the new systems by CDM (Corporate Data Management). The creation of lenses is mainly done with XML imports. The training of lenses is done with sample data of parts from the legacy system. This sample data is retrieved using EDQ. The resulting parts and parts information are further complemented by a cleansing team. This cleansing team also has a reviewing role for lenses.
At IHC the migration is quite complex: we come from a landscape of more than 10 different ERP systems, various PDM systems, multiple CAD systems along with a large variety of technical products. And we arrive at one ERP system, one PDM system and a much smaller number of CAD systems. As a consequence, the data migration (of part data, customer data, supplier data, resource data, transactional data etc) is a big undertaking, especially where engineering data is concerned. In the future, EDQ / EDQP will also be used for auditing and maintaining data quality. We need our new Product Owner to drive the further development of the EDQ / EDQP-platform, coordinate the development of data lenses used to properly treat existing legacy data, and prepare for the use of this ETL toolkit for data quality purposes.
You will work within the One IHC configuration team. We follow an Agile way of working. The scrum team consists of the Product Owner, engineering experts, data migration experts, data migration managers and the scrum master. As the Product Owner EDQ/EDQP, you liaise with the other Product Owners that are an expert on the various business processes. You report to One IHC’s Data Migration Manager.
As Product Owner EDQ / EDQP you are responsible for the following:
- maintain and detail the backlog for gradually improving and expanding EDQ / EDQP at IHC
- liaise with other Product Owners to secure fit between the EDQ / EDQP-platform and the software configuration of IHC’s core ICT systems (ERP, CAD, PDM, Planning)
- drive the realisation of all the backlog items together with the scrum master
- functionally test the scrum results to make sure that the ETL-toolkit performs correctly and efficiently
- transfer EDQ / EDQP knowledge to the roll-out teams that use the toolkit to do actual migration
- train the builders of part class lenses
- coordinate the lens building process
- validate the quality of the lens builders with the help of EDQ / EDQP
- report progress on backlog completion, including lens completion.
As Product Owner EDQ / EDQP, you have the following profile:
- an academic level of education and thinking
- a keen interest in computer programming (SQL, RegEx, XML)
- demonstrable affinity with the engineering of large scale products (because of the importance of parts information at IHC)
- interest in and some familiarity with ERP, PDM and CAD software
- excellent communication and team skills and a solution-oriented attitude
- a hands-on attitude, not shying away from immersing yourself in the contents
- a quality-driven work ethic in the full realisation that correctness of data is vital
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers the new Product Owner EDQ / EDQP a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. You are part of a diverse team of highly skilled people. At One IHC you can be world-class at integrating processes, data and ICT in the maritime industry. We offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
One IHC is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Product Owner EDQ / EDQP and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.