- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As an electrical design engineer, you will independently engineer and/or define the equipment, instruments and control panels that form part of the monitoring and control systems for dredging machinery. You will be responsible for the electrical engineering of equipment, including PLC cabinets, consoles and 19inch racks, based on data supplied to you. In addition, you will draft a variety of production and assembly drawings using EPLAN P8. You will also be responsible for the application of network layouts, the preparation of test conditions and the drafting of technical specifications. A great deal of internal and external contact with a range of people is necessary, and you will work primarily in project teams. You will be expected to coordinate and direct colleagues and engineers in a technical capacity.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a college professional education (HBO) in electrical engineering
- knowledge of Microsoft Office and EPLAN
- experience with marine plant and interfacing would be advantageous
- awareness of the specific requirements imposed on control panels on vessels (electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), earthing)
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable
- be self-reliant and quick to act
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across the entire organisation
- an online assessment and screening is part of the recruitment process
- only candidates with EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support, either remote or on location, guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 100 people.
We are Royal IHC. We are a global market leader in the construction of specialised ships for wet mining and dredging activities and are an important player in complex, custom-built offshore ships. But we also like taking things a little further. For all the ships that we build, we also develop advance equipment that we integrate immediately. Technological innovation is part of our DNA, no matter what part of the company is involved. Working days with us are made up of adding to innovative solutions and major projects. Your knowledge and skill will give rise to thousands of tons of steel.
Are you interested in the position of Electrical Design Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.