- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be part of a dedicated project team comprising of several (lead) engineers, each with their own field of expertise. Together with the lead engineer, you will make your own engineering plan for the upcoming period, starting with basic engineering and followed by the detailed engineering of each system. You will collect all the necessary technical information and functional specifications needed to successfully fulfil your duties in close cooperation with the lead engineer. In addition, you will always keep classification rules and customer requirements in mind.
You will produce a wide range of technical documents, including:
- overall single line drawings
- multi-line drawings of electrical cabinets
- cable block/cable connection diagrams
- cabinet layout drawings
- general arrangement plans (lighting/sockets/fire/signal columns)
- technical specifications for quotations and purchasing
- calculations for various on-board systems.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- technical bachelor or master degree specialisation electrotechnology or mechatronics
- knowledge and experience of EPLAN P8, CAD systems and Microsoft Office (essential)
- technical knowledge of installation works (preferably on vessels and/or the offshore industry)
- working experience in a comparable role (desirable)
- the ability to write and speak both Dutch and English, and to work independently
- excellent communication skills (to establish strong relationships within the project team)
- willingness to flourish in a growing organisation
- only candidates with EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate the unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer you a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labor contract, competitive salary and benefits package and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support – either remote or on location – guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 100 people.
Royal IHC (IHC) is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we don't stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas.
Are you interested in the position of Electrical Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.