- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As the Lead Design Engineer, you will produce technical solutions to complex engineering problems and occasionally lead small teams on specific work packs (WPs).
To be eligible for the role of Lead Design Engineer, you must have the following:
- demonstrable engineering design and development experience (preferably around 5-10 years)
- a degree in engineering
- membership of a recognised engineering body (eg IMechE)
- Chartered Engineer status
- broad knowledge and experience in a design environment
- knowledge and experience in the design, manufacture, utilisation and operation of trenchers, cable- and pipelay, LARS and bespoke offshore equipment
- multi-disciplinary design and project engineering experience (WPs/Sub Module)
- up-to-date knowledge in technology-related areas (FEA, hydraulics, project engineering, design codes and international standards)
- basic pipeline engineering knowledge
- flexibility and knowledge to work across various disciplines and share your ideas
- a methodical approach to problem-solving
- attention to detail (be a closer/finisher)
- the ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- the ability to coordinate WPs (Sub Modules) and specific task-oriented activities
- the ability to work closely with SEs and other team members to achieve design objectives
- the ability to plan own your own work, as well as the activities of any team members
- the ability to use your experience and technical knowledge to create solutions to complex engineering problems within agreed timescales
- the ability to cooperate with others in a cross-functional environment
- the ability to occasionally lead design tasks.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
IHC Engineering Business Ltd, part of Royal IHC Group delivers bespoke engineering solutions for complex offshore applications, working with clients across the offshore oil and gas, submarine telecoms and renewable offshore power industries. Offering a full design and build a solution from concept development, product delivery and through life support, including rental assets. Our core expertise includes pipe and cable lay, subsea trenching and offshore handling.
As Lead Design Engineer, you will work at our UK office, based in Stocksfield, Northumberland. Royal IHC (IHC), is the global market leader in the construction of specialised ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today, we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Design Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.