- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As the Lead Electrical Engineer Power Systems, you will coordinate electrical engineering work relating to electrical power systems for newly-built dredging and offshore vessels. You will take responsibility for the electrical propulsion, generation and distribution on board IHC vessels. Your main role will broadly involve translating customer needs into technical specifications, and you will provide advice on what you consider to be the best working methods, as well as technical support. In addition, you will work according to the ISO 9001 process flow and be technically responsible for the basic and detailed engineering. During the production, installation and commissioning phases, you will remain responsible for the systems you have designed, and offer technical leadership to engineers within the project team. This also means having close contact with your colleagues in the Automation, Shipbuilding and Mechanical Engineering departments. You will also be the point of contact for queries from customers, suppliers and colleagues, and continually coordinate the progress of the project with the Project Manager.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- you must have a Bachelor or University degree in Electrical Engineering
- at least three years of experience in a similar role
- technical knowledge of generators, motors, transformers, switchboards, frequency regulators and other electrical systems on board vessels
- experience in the shipping and/or offshore industries
- knowledge of standards, safety regulations, and quality and approval guidelines
- enjoy working as part of a team
- a practical and goal-oriented attitude
- be quality- and results-oriented
- the ability to take the initiative
- be keen to work in an organisation that is undergoing rapid growth
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Lead Electrical Engineer, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support – either remote or on location – guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 100 people.
IHC Systems is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Electrical Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.