- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a lead engineer Automation you will design the automation systems for dredging and offshore vessels, including control of the Mission equipment, Vessel Management Systems, Alarm and Monitoring Systems, Propulsion Control and Power Management Systems. Most of the time those vessels and installations are under construction by IHC. You will work closely together with the lead engineer Electrical on what you consider to be the best solution for the particular project. You will also provide technical support and be a point of contact for our customers and other IHC units. Our projects can take up from half a year to approx. two years. You will typically work on designing Control philosophies, System Architecture Diagrams, Functional specifications and I/O-lists. After the design phase you will calculate the software hours needed and lead the software team during the implementation phase. Testing the software is one of your responsibilities.
You will provide information to our technical writer as input for the User Manual. You will attend the Factory Acceptance Test together with the customer. Part of you role may involve working on board of the vessel during installation and handover to the customer.
To be eligible for the position of Lead Automation Engineer, you must have the following:
- be qualified to a higher professional (WO/HBO) level in terms of working and thinking, with a focus on E or Industrial Automation
- demonstrable design experience in complex process automation
- knowledge of guidelines, standards, legislation and rules relating to inspection agencies, along with an understanding of control techniques
- able to write functional specifications and read drawings (electric, pneumatic and hydraulic)
- be comfortable working in a team and experience in managing or supervising technical colleagues
- knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems
- an approachable nature and a customer-oriented focus
- the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- a practical, goal-oriented attitude and be willing to work in a rapidly changing environment
- excellent communication skills in English and/or Dutch, both spoken and written
an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Lead Engineer Automation, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support – either remote or on location – guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 150 people.
IHC Systems is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Automation Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88 015 4444
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.