- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Lead Automation Engineer, you will prepare designs for the automation process, particularly for dredger installations in the Information and Automation area within ongoing projects. You will provide advice on what you consider to be the best working methods and evaluate the designs. If necessary, you will also provide technical support and be a point of contact for customer queries.
You will also offer technical support and continually coordinate the progress of the project with the relevant manager. Part of your role may involve working on board a ship (during handover and if breakdowns occur after commissioning, for example).
To be eligible for the position of Lead Automation Engineer, you must have the following:
- be qualified to a higher professional (HBO) level in terms of working and thinking, with a focus on E or W
- demonstrable design experience in process automation
- knowledge of guidelines, standards, legislation and rules relating to inspection agencies, along with an understanding of control techniques
- the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- a practical, goal-oriented attitude and be willing to work in a rapidly changing environment
- an approachable nature and a customer-oriented focus
- be comfortable working in a team and experience in managing or supervising technical colleagues
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable
- only candidates with EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Lead Engineer Automation, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support – either remote or on location – guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 100 people.
IHC Systems is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Automation Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88 015 4444
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.