- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
We are looking for a Lead Engineer mechanical!
You will be responsible for the engineering for new installation.
In this role, you will report to the Manager Engineering and cooperate with a team of engineers from various departments. As a Lead Engineer mechanical , you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the manufacture of the engineering package based in line with specifications, relevant rules and regulations
- Revise the basic or detailed engineering package and discuss with the engineers
- making necessary calculations required for the mechanical design
- giving technical support to the Procurement department
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- at least a higher professional education (HBO/WO) in mechanical engineering,
- at least five years of professional experience in a similar role
- a good command of Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, ERP and PDM packages, and Solid Works or Solid Edge
- be comfortable working with automated systems
- good communication skills and the ability to work independently
- inventive, accurate, stress-resistant, flexible, innovative and a team player
- performance and result-oriented
- arithmetical and analytical skills
- a customer-oriented attitude and commercial approach.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Lead Engineer Mechanical, you will work at IHC Hytop, supplier of large hydraulic propulsion systems based in Alphen aan den Rijn. The organisation designs, manufactures and installs hydraulic aggregates and complete hydraulic propulsion systems – including controls – for every conceivable application in the maritime sector, to both the dredging and offshore industries. Along with hydraulic systems, IHC Hytop supplies electrical and hydraulically-driven winches. The winch systems vary in size up to 500 tonnes and form part of large, complex projects. IHC Hytop's motivated team of professionals strives to offer its customers the best solutions on the market.
IHC Hytop is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Engineer Mechanical and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.