- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Lead Engineer Naval Architecture you work at the department for the Shipbuilding Group and will be based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel. The Shipbuilding Group engineers produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. As a Lead Engineer Naval Architecture you are responsible for developing engineering solutions for IHC products, technologies, production processes, installation and equipment in the field of naval architecture. Furthermore you functionally lead and coordinate a team of engineers in the preparation and realization of project deliverables in accordance with customer requirements, technical and operational guidelines.
- you will functionally lead, coach and develop employees of the team and appraise or give input to appraisal when applicable;
- you will give technical advice in tenders and potential issues, barriers or gaps related to production and discipline to provide input on production approach, sequence and budget implications;
- you will support internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and aftersales on technical aspects and questions;
- you will identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment and make suggestions for improvement and ensure and monitor implementation after approval;
- you will analyze and assess customer requirements related to products and processes (materials, process, quality, product specifications) and perform initial opportunity and risk analyses;
- you will examine the processed drawings on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user friendliness. Where needed, you adjust or elaborate the documents and system information and provide input for detail plan for naval architecture. If applicable you calculate weight and relevant technical details, and determine specifications for work to be outsourced;
- you will revise the basic engineering package based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others and where needed discuss with other Lead Engineers and relevant stakeholders;
- you will document activities performed on processes, installations and equipment and provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports or analyses;
- you will keep up with relevant engineering methods, tools and technologies in the market and develop, improve, validate and implement new and existing methods, tools, technologies, procedures and protocols.
To be considered as our Lead Engineer Naval Architecture you have to meet the following qualifications:
- you have obtained a Bachelor or Master degree in naval architecture or other technical discipline (e.g. mechanical engineering);
- you have at least two years experience in this function;
- you have great leadership skills, excellent analytical skills, good communication skills and good problem solving skills
- you have an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable.
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate the unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer you a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labor contract, competitive salary and benefits package and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
As Lead Engineer Naval Architecture you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group. The Shipbuilding Group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The Engineering department of the Shipbuilding Group is based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel in The Netherlands.
The Engineering department is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we don't stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Engineer Naval Architecture and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.