- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As the Lead Engineer Systems Engineering, you will coordinate - and be responsible for the systems integration of all electro- and automation related systems on new dredging and offshore vessels. You will take final responsibility for the ships propulsion systems, energy generation and distribution, dredging system and the related automation systems. You will convert customer needs into technical- and functional specifications. You therefore will have close contacts with all disciplines within Royal IHC, the customer, classification and the vendors.
In addition, you will provide technical support and advice on what you consider to be the best technical solution and working methods. You will be the point of contact for system integration queries from customers, suppliers and colleagues, while coordinating the integration progress of each project with the relevant engineering team and project manager.
To be eligible for this position, you should have the following:
- a higher professional education (HBO), WO academic higher education, or equivalent, in electro technology or mechatronics
- at least five years of experience in a similar role
- wide technical knowledge with regard to ship propulsion systems, electrical power generation and distribution systems, dredging systems and other electrical and automation installations on board ships
- experience in the dredging and/or offshore industries
- knowledge of standards, safety regulations and quality and approval requirements
- a practical, enterprising and goal-oriented attitude
- enjoy working in a team and be prepared to work in an organisation that is growing
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- only candidates with valid EU visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Lead Electrical Engineer Installations Systems you will work for IHC Drives & Automation, a rapidly-growing organisation specialising in the development, engineering, implementation and integration of electrical installations, electrical propulsion systems and associated platform automation. Their scope of application includes trailing suction hopper dredgers, cutter suction dredgers, offshore support vessels and applications in deep seabed mining. IHC Drives & Automation is based in Sliedrecht, and its dedicated teams operate at the very front of today's technological capabilities.
IHC Drives & Automation, based in Sliedrecht, is a young, fast-growing organisation within Royal IHC. It is focused on the implementation, development and engineering of electrical installations, electric propulsion systems and related platform automation for trailing suction hopper dredgers, cutter suction dredgers, offshore support vessels, as well as applications in deep-sea mining. Work on these challenging projects is carried out by IHC Drives & Automation’s dedicated teams.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Electrical Engineer Installations Systems and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.