- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Lead Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating a small team of engineers within the Engineering department. This will be done in accordance with the relevant customer and industry requirements and guidelines.
Your team will contribute to efficient production and maximise the reliability, quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment. Within this role, you will also perform strength calculations using Finite Element Analysis software.
As Lead Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- interpreting sales contracts, ship layouts and converting into strength calculations
- strength calculations for the purpose of customer projects and R&D projects, performed by team members or partially self-performed
- supporting and advising mechanical and structural engineers when performing strength calculations
- monitoring the completeness and quality of the calculations
- communicating with lead engineers within other disciplines
- successfully outsourcing work packages to engineering companies
- working closely with the Mechanical Engineering and R&D departments to optimise designs and projects.
To be eligible for this position, you must also have the following:
- a degree in mechanical/structural engineering, or other technical discipline
- several years of experience working within a structural department in a technical environment with a global customer base, preferably in a team leader role
- knowledge and experience in the offshore, dredging and heavy industries is beneficial
- experience overseeing a large and diverse number of projects
- well-developed communication skills, with a customer-focused and service-oriented attitude
- first-rate knowledge of related aspects, such as structural fatigue
- an excellent command of Dutch and English
- strong analytical skills
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Lead Structural Engineer, you will work at IHC SAS. This organisation, based in Alphen aan den Rijn, specialises in designing and producing reliable deck equipment for the offshore oil and gas markets. Over the years, IHC SAS has gained a great deal of experience in pipelaying systems, heavy duty winch systems and mooring systems. The ultimate aim of IHC SAS is to provide customers with equipment, systems, solutions and services that they can trust. The IHC SAS service team is available on a 24/7 basis for its customers, wherever they are in the world.
IHC SAS is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Structural Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.