- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a part-time Legal Counsel for IHC IQIP, you will work closely with one other Legal Counsel. You will report directly to this colleague, in addition to the Finance Director for IQIP, and the General Counsel for Royal IHC. The Legal Counsel will be positioned within an international and challenging commercial environment. You will be a dedicated colleague, ensuring that IQIP’s legal department provides reliable and accessible support. Within this role, your responsibilities will include the following:
- working closely with the Sales and Purchase, and Project Management departments – in addition to other departments within IQIP and Royal IHC
- liaising with our customer’s lawyers and sales managers
- offering legal advice and support to the business with regards to commercial contracting and contract management
- supporting the business by providing corporate governance documentation and assistance
- advising on finance, tax, treasury and insurance matters
- providing tangible and hands-on corporate legal advice on matters specific to the business.
To be eligible for the role of part-time Legal Counsel, you must have the following:
- a law degree, preferably specialising in corporate or commercial law
- three to five years’ experience at a reputable law and/or civil notary firm – additional in-house experience is an advantage
- knowledge of, and an affinity with, the maritime and/or offshore industry and experience in working in a small team and for different disciplines
- the ability to work with a diverse and international group of people
- strong analytical skills, able to work accurately and quickly and to communicate at all levels
- legal and drafting skills, as well as experience with contracts governed by English law
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- flexibility to travel and a result-oriented approach and the ability to balance legal and commercial interests
- ability to multitask, flexible attitude, dynamic and proactive personality with a high level of organisation and strong time-management skills.
We offer you a challenging job in which the engineering is at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work in an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued and where you have every opportunity to develop further. Our terms of employment may be described as excellent.
As a Legal Counsel, you will work at IHC IQIP. The organisation was set up in 2015 from a merger of the IHC FUNDEX Equipment, IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems and IHC Sea Steel business units. With a total of over 200 years of combined experience and expertise, IHC IQIP designs, builds and supplies fully integrated, innovative solutions for onshore and offshore installations, foundations and dismantling. This meets the needs of customers in the civil construction, offshore wind and offshore oil and gas markets.
IHC IQIP is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Legal Counsel and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.