- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
The Manager Central Production Engineering (CPE) is responsible for the work preparation division within Shipbuilding.
The department consists of around 50 engineers (based in Krimpen aan den IJssel and Kinderdijk) who work across five disciplines – Casco, Hull, Piping, Outfitting and Operational. Each discipline is managed by a supervisor, who has operational control and responsibility. As Manager CPE, you will manage the supervisors.
You will report to the General Manager, who is also responsible for the CPE units of IHC Metalix (steel packages) and IHC Piping.
As CPE Manager, you will be responsible for:
- the planning, progress and quality of preparatory work at project level
- assessing drawings for technical feasibility and the associated costs
- appropriate and cost-effective deployment of resources across disciplines
- frequent intensive coordination with the engineering, production and procurement departments in terms of planning, feasibility, engineering sequence and construction sequence
- coordination with project management, planning, subcontractors and suppliers
- continuous improvement of processes and methodologies
- outsourcing manufacturing activities in cooperation with the SCM and manufacturing departments
- determining the work order in consultation with the production departments
- preparing purchase specifications and delivery requirements for necessary components and materials
- assessment of bids on technical and implementation issues
- forecasting hours and times for production
- establishing and maintaining project control for the production, and providing reports thereon to the Project Manager and Production Manager
- setting up and running the computerised work preparation system
- establishing and maintaining the necessary administrative activities and reporting forms
- optimising IT infrastructures and systems that (in)directly relate to CPE
- discussing and implementing improvements between departments connected to CPE.
To be eligible for the position of Manager CPE, you should have the following:
- work experience and/or qualifications at a HBO/university level
- at least five years of experience in a managerial position in a capital goods production organisation with a matrix structure
- technical knowledge of shipbuilding, the relevant production processes, work sequences and contracting procedures
- experience with quality demands and standards from rating agencies
- a comprehensive understanding of the production process
- the ability to influence others
- knowledge of arithmetic design and planning programs, such as Nupas, FEM, Primavera and ERP systems (IFS experience is a plus)
- the ability to encourage employees to develop their skills through training.
The following competences are also of great importance:
- planning and organisational skills
- resistance to stress and the ability to keep an eye on the bigger picture
- solid leaderships skills and the ability to make choices and carry them out
- good communication and persuasion skills
- a progressive approach with ambition
- a strong focus on processes and process improvements.
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate the unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer you a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labor contract, competitive salary and benefits package and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
As a Manager Central Production Engineer (CPE) you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Holland is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Manager Central Production Engineer (CPE) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.