- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Marine Systems Engineer, you will deliver a cost-effective and well-designed product, alongside a team of machinery specialists. You will seek to optimise the quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment on complex vessels. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- converting customer needs into manageable projects, while considering the requirements of classification authorities
- developing piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), engine classifications and engine room arrangements
- supplying calculations for pipelines, pumps, fittings and equipment
- producing lists with regards to piping, additions and equipment
- writing specifications and reports
- communicating with other disciplines and external parties, such as classification societies.
To be eligible for the position of Marine Systems Engineer, you should have the following:
- master degree in marine engineering or mechanical engineering (or equivalent)
- five years of relevant work experience in a similar position (Marine or Systems Engineer)
- three years of relevant work experience in basic engineering of new ships
- experience with complex vessels and in the development of P&IDs and engine room layouts
- knowledge of the requirements of classification societies and authorities
- extensive experience with 3D CAD, Solid Edge and/or NUPAS CADMATIC
- excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- a service-minded, proactive and creative approach, with a flexible attitude
- an excellent command of English, written and verbal – a moderate grasp of Dutch is also preferable
- the ability to work in Kinderdijk in The Netherlands.
An online assessment and screening is part of the recruitment process. Only candidates with an EU work visa will be considered.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Marine Systems Engineer, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy.
With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Marine Systems Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.