- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As an Operational Purchaser (Shipbuilding), you will work within the purchasing team. Under supervision and coaching, you will purchase materials, parts and services for highly innovative and complex dredging and offshore vessels. You will build on your knowledge and skills, applying them in order to guarantee OSBIT (on-spec, on-budget and in-time) delivery of the procured products.
You will have the opportunity to develop your personal leadership, commercial and technical skills. This position offers excellent career development within Royal IHC, particularly in supply chain management, as well as sales and project management.
Within this role, your duties will include the following:
- helping to determine the purchasing requirements of projects
- negotiating on price and delivery times within a defined framework
- discussing deviations from the order with the supplier
- monitoring delivery times and conditions, and intervening in case of (potential) breaches or conflict situations
- monitoring all relevant supply chain information – such as quotations, orders and correspondence – and taking any necessary action
- checking, preparing, archiving, confirming and corresponding with other parties in order to ensure order realisation preparing reports in line with hierarchical and functional procedures.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- commercial awareness with a technical background, or vice versa
- a commercial or technical degree at a higher vocational level
- excellent communication skills
- a curious and critical attitude, open to feedback and sufficient self-reflection
- a focus on results and quality, with the ability to identify and address delivery risks
- the ability to contribute to process improvement and a disciplined approach
- an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- experience working with an ERP system.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time position within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance and training.
As an Operational Purchaser (Shipbuilding) you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Shipbuilding & Production is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Operational Purchaser (Shipbuilding) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.