- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Project Engineer Offshore Tools, you will be responsible for the technical refinement of orders. We are an order-oriented organisation, which means our work covers the design, calculation and drawing of one-off tools. In addition, we consult closely with our customers, draft test procedures and instruction manuals, and maintain a positive presence during workshop testing. At every stage, we take into account all the relevant standards, safety rules, and quality and inspection requirements. We expect an innovative contribution from our project engineers with regard to the existing product package, and utilise 3D Solid Edge, PDM Teamcenter, Mathcad and Femap for FEM analyses. As Project Engineer Offshore Tools, you will be responsible for the following:
- translating customer requirements into functional designs
- maintaining close contact with the project team, customer and suppliers
- finalising the basic design in terms of mechanical detail
- refining designs into functioning one-off tools
- making mechanical calculations for the design and certification of tools
- designing the hydraulic controls and setting-up the electronic control methodology
- preparing project-specific documents such as test procedures and instruction manuals
- preparing specifications for enquiries to suppliers
- planning your own work/projects
- supporting the rest of the organisation concerning technical questions about your designs.
To be eligible for the position of Project Engineer Offshore Tools, you must have the following:
- higher academic education or university degree in mechanical engineering
- more than three years of relevant engineering experience
- ability to understand customers’ technical needs and to deal with technical challenges both innovatively and creatively
- the ability to work systematically and under time pressure
- experience with Solid Edge (3D and 2D) and knowledge of hydraulic and control systems
- the ability to conduct strength calculations
- experience with Mathcad and in conducting FEM analyses (preferable)
- practical, hands-on mentality and able to set priorities independently
- team player with a high capacity to think analytically, stress resistant and process-oriented
- a service- and result-oriented attitude towards the customer and internal organisation
- a solid command of English (written and verbal), with moderate Dutch skills.
Royal IHC offers you as a Project Engineer Offshore Tools challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Project Engineer Offshore Tools, you will work at IHC IQIP. The organisation was set up in 2015 from a merger of the IHC FUNDEX Equipment, IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems and IHC Sea Steel business units. With a total of over 200 years of combined experience and expertise, IHC IQIP designs, builds and supplies fully integrated, innovative solutions for onshore and offshore installations, foundations and dismantling. This meets the needs of customers in the civil construction, offshore wind and offshore oil and gas markets.
IHC IQIP is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Project Engineer Offshore Tools and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.