- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As the Project Manager / Dredging Expert at the IHC Training Institute, you will be responsible for delivering training projects on spec and on time to customers from the dredging, offshore and dredge mining industries. As such, you will work closely with other project managers, trainers and course designers. On occasion, you will use your expertise to provide training to our customers all over the world.
As the Project Manager / Dredging Expert, you will take responsibility for the smooth execution of the training project during the complete cycle of the contract. You will advise customers about our fit-for-purpose training programmes, prepare quotations and price calculations, and transfer proposals into concrete training action plans. In addition, you will be the single point of contact for the stakeholders across the entire duration of the project for (non-) commercial project-related issues. During the project, you will take charge of quality, finance and planning. You will be the first point of contact for the customer, and ensure open lines of communication while recognising and respecting cultural differences. In this role as Project Manager / Dredging Expert, you will be responsible for the following:
- transferring proposals into concrete training projects (planning, tutors, locations)
- managing the day-to-day aspects of a training project and its scope
- managing, monitoring and driving project activities
- managing project risks and resources and taking corrective actions when necessary
- identifying, following up on, and following through with new business opportunities
- applying training protocols and enforcing quality standards
- building, maintaining and utilising a network of internal and external stakeholders/partners, and representing the project within the organisation
- acting as a single point of contact for all project-related issues
- effectively communicating relevant project information to the team and your superiors
- ensuring project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- managing the project budget effectively
- determining the appropriate revenue, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring receivables for the project.
As Project Manager / Dredging Expert you need have a great affinity with the maritime industry – specifically dredging – and want to share your expertise with others. Effective organisation and planning are in your nature. You will independently take action and stimulate others to drive project activities, and be pragmatic, structured and accurate in your work. In addition, you will be able to identify problems and take immediate action to solve them. Ultimately, you will stimulate, inspire and engage others to cooperate and achieve project objectives. To be eligible for the position of Project Manager / Dredging Expert, you must have:
- a bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- a minimum of three years of experience as a production engineer, project engineer or dredging project manager
- a pragmatic, structured and accurate approach, the ability to take initiative independently an optimistic, energetic and social personality
- willingness to travel abroad occasionally
- excellent project management skills and experience in training others
- excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both written and verbal.
Royal IHC offers you as a Project Manager / Dredging Expert a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Project Manager / Dredging Expert, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Project Manager/ Dredging Expert and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.