- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Renovations is a department within IHC Services. The goal of this department is to manage the execution of projects that are defined as those in which existing vessels or equipment will be upgraded or changed, and where two or more IHC organisations or units are involved. As Project Manager Renovations, you are responsible for making a project plan and the execution of the renovation project within OSBIT (on specifications, budget, in time). You are the single point of contact for the stakeholders for the duration of the project, for commercial and non-commercial project related issues, in order to realize the project within given requirements. As a Project Manager Renovations you are in charge of the project team and responsible for all steps of execution of the projects (engineering, work preparation, purchase & logistics, contracts, production/conversion, etc.). As Project Manager Renovations you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage renovation project activities, project risks and resources in line with OSBIT and take corrective actions when necessary
- Manage changes and demarcations in the scope of the project
- Negotiate the financial, timeliness and qualitative impact on the project with the customer or other relevant stakeholders both internally as well externally
- Ensure registration of relevant project information
- Evaluate and close project, identify and analyse lessons learned and hand over project to customer
- Build and utilize a network of in- and external stakeholders and represent the project within the organization
- Manage the assigned project members and work in close cooperation with the project team on site
- Behave in line with safety rules and procedures, including addressing anomalies to others.
As Project Manager Renovations, you are pragmatic, structured and accurate in your work, identifying problems and taking immediate action to solve them. Effectively organising and planning of activities is in your nature, and you independently take actions and stimulate others to drive project activities. You stimulate, inspire and engage others to cooperate and achieve a project’s objectives. You are aware of the project lead times and its effect on costs and people who work onsite. To be eligible for the position of Project Manager Renovations, you must also have the following:
- a technical bachelor’s degree (preferably in shipbuilding or marine engineering);
- minimum of three years’ experience in ship conversion and renovation;
- experience in the offshore industry is a pre;
- a pragmatic, structured and accurate way of working;
- result oriented approach, high focus on getting things done and realising projects within time and budget;
- good ability to handle cultural differences within the team, with the client and/or executing yard;
- the ability to take initiative independently on one hand, but with good team working skills on the other hand;
- an optimistic, energetic and integer personality;
- the ability to travel abroad and work worldwide;
- excellent project management skills including proper reporting capabilities;
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable;
- only candidates with EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates;
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you as Project Manager Renovations a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Project Manager Renovations, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialised ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Project Manager Renovations and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.