- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for planning and carrying out product inspections on components and systems, in accordance with the agreed specifications. Inspections are carried out both internally and on site.
You will have the technical or engineering background to handle the daily challenges that surround product or process quality. Through progress reports, you will objectively monitor the status of the deliveries. Deviations will be registered via a NCR, and actions will be set and followed up conscientiously. You will collaborate with stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise, and do so as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to prevent a compromise in quality and safety standards. The Quality Engineer will report to the Lead SCM/QC.
As Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- creating and maintaining company documentation, such as quality manuals and quality procedures
- ensuring control plans and associated documentation are implemented and maintained
- coordinating, planning and carrying out internal product inspections on delivered goods and finished components and systems
- organising and conducting product inspections and process auditing at key suppliers worldwide
- identifying the root cause of product quality issues and instigating corrective actions
- following up on inspection and NCR
- issuing release notes for the approval and shipment of products
- maintaining and controlling calibration records for all test and inspection equipment
- acting as the first point of contact for questions regarding quality related issues.
To be eligible for this role, you must have the following:
- a degree in mechanical engineering
- an understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- knowledge of quality systems and measurement
- excellent investigative and problem-solving skills, as well as attention to detail
- strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- the ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- excellent communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- the ability to plan and prioritise activities
- a willingness to maintain and expand your knowledge and skills
- a proactive and flexible attitude
- the ability to present data effectively
- an understanding of cost and financial impacts
- knowledge of MS Office and ERP (preferably ISAH/IFS) and PDM systems
- an excellent grasp of English, both written and verbal
- VCA certificate – or you are willing to achieve one.
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate the unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer you a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labour contract, competitive salary and benefits package and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
As Quality Engineer, you will work at IHC Hytop, a supplier of large hydraulic propulsion systems based in Sliedrecht. The organisation designs, manufactures and installs hydraulic aggregates and complete hydraulic propulsion systems – including controls – for every conceivable application in the maritime sector, to both the dredging and offshore industries. Along with hydraulic systems, IHC Hytop supplies electrical and hydraulically-driven winches. The winch systems vary in size up to 500 tonnes and form part of large, complex projects. IHC Hytop’s motivated team of professionals strives to offer its customers the best solutions on the market.
IHC Hytop is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Quality Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.