- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Researcher and Developer, you will be responsible for the following:
- establishing and elaborating upon proposals for research and development (R&D) projects performed by IHC MTI
- establishing, elaborating upon, and performing test protocols
- developing new or improved equipment and techniques
- writing reports and analyses of the work performed
- collaborating with colleagues to develop new products and realise improvements
- ensuring that new products and other technical improvements work in practice
- actively following market trends from various sources (the internet, industry/trade literature, contact with customers, colleagues and the sales department, and by visiting seminars and trade fairs)
- actively staying up-to-date on international regulations and following developments in the relevant specialist areas.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a university-level education in either mechanical engineering, aviation and aeronautics, or electrical engineering (with a specialisation in the field of dynamics, mechatronics, sensors or tribology)
- extensive knowledge of hydraulics and an interest in offshore (wind or gas) and/or dredging technology
- an affinity with R&D, a strong entrepreneurial and commercial focus
- a flair for abstract, conceptual thinking and excellent communication skills
- willingness to take responsibility and cooperate closely with others
- a customer-oriented approach, and the confidence to display your expertise.
- only candidates that qualify for EU work visa will be considered viable
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
We offer you a challenging full-time role at a company in which technology is placed at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work for an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued and where you will have every opportunity to develop. Our terms of employment may be described as excellent, and we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
IHC MTI is Royal IHC's research and development centre. Our mission is to provide sustainable solutions for today and tomorrow’s challenges with regards to the movement of soil and soil positioning. Through close consultation with our colleagues, we optimise the design, use and control of any equipment that comes into contact with soil. In this way, we are able to enhance mission equipment and advise our customers on how to make optimal use of IHC’s technology. In this way, we improve, extend and reduce the TCO of IHC’s product portfolio. In addition, the knowledge we gain enables us to offer a first-rate consultancy service to our customers. Our main activities include:
- R&D – ranging from fundamental knowledge development in collaboration with universities and knowledge institutes, through to prototype development in the run-up to commercialisation
- consultancy services in the field of dredging
- establishing IHC’s intellectual property strategy and supporting our sister companies in its execution.
IHC MTI is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Researcher and Developer Mechanical Engineering and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.