- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam is a design and engineering company working in the maritime industry. It is part of Royal IHC and provides customers with independent design and engineering services on complex vessels, equipment and marine operations. Its clients are all major players in the international maritime industry.
Vuyk has ambitious plans to increase its share in existing and new markets. As Sales Manager, you will help to achieve this growth. You will understand the trends and goals of the maritime industry, have excellent knowledge of Vuyk’s activities and USPs, and will know how to combine these two elements. Vuyk’s clients operate globally, and although Europe is the main focus area, we especially expect you to broaden both Vuyk’s horizon and your own.
Your responsibilities as Sales Manager will include the following:
- contacting and visiting potential customers worldwide
- reporting to the Commercial Manager and working closely together with the commercial team of Vuyk and with sales representatives of other IHC units
- achieving a set target in Vuyk’s markets
- recognising market potential for other companies in Royal IHC
- recruiting new customers and generating leads
- cooperating with other business units in order to win new orders
- representing Vuyk on client visits, and at seminars, trade shows, conferences and lectures
To be eligible for the position, you must have the following:
- an academic background, with at least five years of experience in sales or other commercial positions
- a background in mechanical engineering, naval architecture, civil engineering or another relevant discipline
- an affinity with design and engineering
- a network in the maritime industry is advantageous
- experience with, and/or a strong focus on closing contracts
- an excellent command of both Dutch and English
- the ability to work independently and structure your own work
- a hands-on mentality and the ability to work independently
- the ability to negotiate with clients on price and conditions.
Please note, an assessment and screening may form part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation.
As Sales Manager you will work at Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam. An international engineering company for the maritime industry. Vuyk provides consulting and engineering services in the field of ship design, equipment design, marine operations and construction and specializes in workboats for the dredging and offshore industries and heavy lift shipping. Besides designing new ships or modifications Vuyk also has extensive experience in engineering for installation, transport, load-outs and storage. For more information, go to www.vuykrotterdam.com
Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Sales Manager Vuyk Rotterdam and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.