- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Senior Engineer, you will focus on the technical activities with regards to hydraulic systems for offshore and dredging vessels and equipment. You will coordinate all engineering work during the basic design stage, and will translate customer requirements into technical and functional specifications as part of a project team.
Within this role, you will also be responsible for the following:
- coaching engineers on creating the detailed engineering information
- advising customers on the technical aspects
- selecting cost-effective solutions
- maintaining constant contact with the project manager and updating them on the technical progress of the project
- acting as first point of contact for colleagues, customers and suppliers during the design, production, commissioning and after-sales service.
To be eligible for the position of Senior Engineer, you must have the following:
- a bachelor's (HBO) or master’s degree, with specialisation in mechanical engineering or mechatronics
- experience using Windows Office, ERP and PDM software
- technical knowledge of hydraulic systems, preferably on vessels
- experience in a similar role for at least seven years is desirable
- excellent knowledge of design and engineering methods
- excellent communications skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- the ability to work independently, with initiative and accuracy
- the ability to establish good relationships
- arithmetical and analytical skills
- an innovative, stress-resistant and flexible approach
- a customer-oriented and team-player attitude.
IHC Drives & Automation BV offers a challenging and responsible position in a dynamic and innovative organisation with an open and informal atmosphere. You will work in a stimulating environment of like-minded technicians and customers. In addition, we are committed to the personal development of our employees and will offer you ample scope to progress your skills. Excellent labour conditions, including good educational opportunities, a variable share of the profits and flexible working hours are typical terms within our company.
As a Senior Engineer Hydraulics, you will work at IHC Hytop, a supplier of large hydraulic propulsion systems based in Sliedrecht. The organisation designs, manufactures and installs hydraulic aggregates and complete hydraulic propulsion systems – including controls – for every conceivable application in the maritime sector, to both the dredging and offshore industries. Along with hydraulic systems, IHC Hytop supplies electrical and hydraulically-driven winches. The winch systems vary in size up to 500 tonnes and form part of large, complex projects. IHC Hytop’s motivated team of professionals strives to offer its customers the best solutions on the market.
IHC Hytop is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Engineer Hydraulics and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.