- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As the Lead Engineer Mining, you will work at IHC Mining, based in Kinderdijk. The unit offers innovative sustainable solutions for the total mining life-cycle for the global wet mining markets. With approximately 20 full-time employees, IHC Mining works alongside other IHC units in order to provide the optimum solutions for our customers. The majority of the turnover generated by IHC Mining’s activities is handled by other clusters of IHC, so strong cooperation and communication skills are vital.
Within this role, you will coach and develop employees, as well as offering feedback when applicable. In addition, you will examine processed drawings for consistency with specifications, identifying missing information, and checking their readability and user-friendliness. As the Senior Lead Engineer Mining, your duties will also include the following:
- offering technical advice in tenders and identifying potential issues, barriers or gaps relating to production
- providing input on production approach, sequence and budget implications
- supporting internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and aftersales
- identifying and evaluating bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment
- advising on improvements and monitoring implementation after approval
- analysing and assessing customer requirements relating to products and processes (materials, process, quality, and product specifications)
- performing initial opportunity and risk analyses
- adjusting or elaborating on documents and system information, and assisting with detailed plans for naval architecture
- revising the basic engineering package based on non-conformities, personal insight or directions by others
- documenting activities performed on processes, installations and equipment
- providing insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments
- maintaining awareness of relevant engineering methods, tools and technologies in the market and improving existing methods based on this.
To be eligible for the role of Lead Engineer Mining, you must have the following:
- a degree in naval architecture or another technical discipline, such as mechanical engineering
- at least two years of experience in a similar role
- first-rate leadership, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening are part of the recruitment process.
We offer you a challenging role at a company in which technology is placed at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work for an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued and where you will have every opportunity to develop. Our terms of employment may be described as excellent, and we provide a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a range of opportunities for further professional development.
As a Lead Engineer Mining, you will work at IHC Mining, an organisation that recognises enormous growth opportunities in the market for underwater mining equipment. With its engineering research, custom-built dredging equipment and new cross-border technologies, IHC Mining is driving the market for dredging and offshore mining. By combining skills from IHC Mining and Royal IHC’s dredging and offshore units, it is truly leading the way in this global playing field.
IHC Mining is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.