- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Senior Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for co-developing and rolling out the maintenance strategy for existing and newly built ships for customers involved in dredging, wet mining and offshore activities. Your focus is on increasing the vessels’ technical availability and reducing maintenance costs.
You will be responsible for designing, developing and optimising the Planned Maintenance System (PMS) for our customers. In addition, you will optimise maintenance intervals by analysing data and using your own experience in the field of maintenance on board ships. It is important to have a proactive and customer-oriented attitude, and enjoy working in an international environment. The technical guidance and implementation of maintenance projects are your responsibility.
You will report to the Manager Maintenance Technology of IHC Services. IHC Services provides life-cycle services for the existing fleet and new ships. It is the preferred supplier for complete offshore and dredging installations, components, spare parts and services worldwide. As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- designing customer-specific vessel PMS configurations
- gathering the necessary documentation and testing for completeness and quality of content
- determining the criticality of equipment on board
- determining spare part strategies and lists
- developing maintenance and inspection routines
- managing data entry into the PMS software
- analysing maintenance data and optimising maintenance intervals (reliability-focused maintenance)
- advising our customers on the design of their maintenance management organisation
- advising our customers on condition-based maintenance
- preparing quotations for the establishment of PMS for our vessels.
Extensive knowledge and experience of the maintenance execution on ships is important to be able to properly perform the role of Senior Maintenance Engineer. To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or marine engineering
- a minimum of five years’ experience as a mechanical engineer on board a ship
- a strong affinity with vessel maintenance, preferably in dredging or offshore
- experience with the use of PMS
- an analytical and solution-focused approach
- a customer-oriented attitude and a hands-on mentality.
- an excellent command of English, both written and verbal – a moderate grasp of Dutch is also preferable
- the ability to work in Kinderdijk in The Netherlands.
Royal IHC offer you as Senior Maintenance Engineer a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Senior Maintenance Engineer, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Maintenance Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.