- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Service Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out commissioning work and solving faults in electric and electronic measuring and control systems. These are generally located on board offshore vessels and dredgers.
To be eligible for the position of Service Engineer, you must have the following:
- a technical MBO diploma or equivalent and an ability to work at an HBO level
- knowledge of NEN 3140 and/or NEN 3840 is crucial for this position
- sound knowledge of electrical engineering, installations, automation, controls and instrumentation
- knowledge of drives and PLC systems is necessary
- three to five years experience in a similar position
- be prepared to work both inside and outside of Europe on a frequent basis
- a VCA-VOL certificate
- be self-reliant, service- and results-oriented, solution-focused and stress-resistant
- excellent communication skills
- a proactive, creative and flexible attitude
- a quality-driven, pragmatic approach
- the ability to work effectively and flexibly with other company disciplines
- be creative in proposing solutions, and supervising work in accordance with professional and safety requirements
- you will act as an ambassador for our company in this role
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Service Engineer, you will work for IHC Drives & Automation, a rapidly-growing organisation specialising in the development, engineering, implementation and integration of electrical installations, electrical propulsion systems and associated platform automation. Their scope of application includes trailing suction hopper dredgers, cutter suction dredgers, offshore support vessels and applications in deep seabed mining. IHC Drives & Automation is based in Sliedrecht, and its dedicated teams operate at the very front of today’s technological capabilities.
Drives & Automation is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Service Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.