- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Service Engineer in Dubai, you will be responsible for the execution of service and maintenance projects, repair jobs and troubleshooting on board customers’ vessels. You will be expected to coordinate, supervise, lead and provide on-site and onboard assistance to subcontractors and co-workers assigned to the project or job to ensure compliance with all specifications, standards and procedures. In this role, you will report to the Service Manager and also be responsible for the following:
- discussing and coordinating activities, as well as making working arrangements with the Service Manager
- analysing drawings, technical data, equipment and assembly specifications, operating manuals, and maintenance and measurement reports
- determining the operating status and the root cause of any malfunction
- consulting with the project and service managers to determine the method for conducting maintenance and repairs, sequence of operations, and materials needed
- performing inspections and measurements on board customers’ vessels and registering data on their working performance
- establishing and maintaining a strong business relationship with crew members, subcontractors and customers
- liaising with in-house specialists to resolve problems that occur during installation, maintenance, overhaul or repair
- carrying out tests on – and starting up – installed and/or repaired equipment
- preparing and submitting status reports
- analysing and submitting input for improvements on product and application engineering
- passing on new sales leads to sales and service managers.
To be eligible for the role of Service Engineer in Dubai you must have the following:
- a senior secondary vocational (MBO) qualification, or equivalent, with a focus on mechanical or electrical engineering
- five years of experience in the professional field specified
- an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- the ability to work independently and to use your initiative, work accurately and be a hands-on troubleshooter
- a service and solution-oriented approach
- be stress resistant with excellent communication skills
- the ability to travel internationally for variable periods of time
- experience in the dredging and offshore industries
- specific naval mechanical, electrical and/or hydraulic knowledge
- the ability to work with various hand, electrical and measuring tools
- offshore certificates are preferable eg BOSIET and HUET
- a driving licence
- the ability to write reports and work in Microsoft Word and Excel
- previous experience of working in the Middle East.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary and professional development opportunities.
As a Service Engineer you will work at IHC Middle East, based in Dubai. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Middle East in Dubai is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Service Engineer Dubai and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.