- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
The department Engineering Shipbuilding is subdivided into five technical disciplines: Naval Architecture, Machinery & Piping, Electrical & Instrumentation, Dredge & Offshore Systems and Life Support Systems.
The technical discipline Naval Architecture with approx. 90 highly educated engineers is divided into sub-disciplines for basic and detail engineering: hydromechanics, structural calculations, construction plans and naval equipment. Each sub discipline has a Discipline Leader who reports to the Technical Manager.
As Technical Manager Naval Architecture you are responsible for:
- controlling the technology and processes in the projects
- hierarchically responsible for the engineers in the discipline
- dividing resources over the projects (in close cooperation with the Managers Engineering)
- arrange, implement and control Standardized components and processes: Yard Standards and Commodity Parts (Parts Library), Instructions, Design Rules
- stimulate the re-use of engineering solutions
- advise the Design & Estimation department
- contribute to recruitment
- supports Supply Chain for obtaining frame agreements with suppliers on standardized commodity parts (technical part)
- secure IHC-knowledge in Design Rules.
The Technical Manager reports to the Director Engineering Shipbuilding and is a member of the Management Team Engineering Shipbuilding together with the Technical Manager Machinery & Piping and two Managers Engineering who supervise the engineering related activities in the projects. This team manages several simultaneously running shipbuilding projects, works closely together with project managers, sales, production, external subcontractors and other engineering departments within IHC in the Netherlands and abroad.
To be eligible for the role of Technical Manager you must meet with the following requirements:
- a Master degree in Naval Architecture or other relevant technical discipline
- at least 5 years of experience in a similar role within a technical, project-based organization
- excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- the ability to maintain an overview and work under pressure
- the skills to motivate and stimulate people to reach the next level
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- you are able and willing to work in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel in the Netherlands.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Technical Manager Naval Architecture, you will work in the Engineering department within IHC Shipbuilding. The Shipbuilding group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. IHC Shipbuilding’s Engineering department is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel.
IHC Engineering Shipbuilding is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Manager Naval Architecture and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.