- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As an Technical Purchaser, you will work within IHC Shipbuilding in Kinderdijk. You will be responsible for the following:
- purchasing materials, parts and services
- negotiating within a defined framework on price and delivery times
- preparing and placing written orders
- checking project orders against order confirmations
- discussing any deviations from the order with the supplier
- monitoring all relevant supply chain information (such as quotations, orders and correspondence) and taking any necessary action
- preparing reports in line with hierarchical and functional procedures (within projects and programmes)
- monitoring delivery times and conditions, and intervening in case of (potential) breaches or conflict situations
- archiving quotes and orders and maintaining relevant files (such as the purchasing address database).
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a technical background at a senior level, and a secondary vocational level education (MBO/MBO+)
- NEVI MIL and/or NEVI 1 certification
- be highly accurate and have experience with ERP systems (AccountView and MARS is advantageous)
- several years of relevant experience in a similar role at a technical production company
- excellent communication and cooperation skills, both internally and externally
- the ability to follow the purchasing process with a focus on results and quality
- the ability to think in terms of ‘processes’ and identify errors and bottlenecks
- be willing to contribute to process improvement by (helping with) formulating and implementing solutions
- integrity, precision and decisiveness
- the ability to identify structural delivery risks and take the lead in analysing and optimising the main causes
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills.
Please note, an online assessment and screening will form part of the recruitment process. Only candidates with an EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time position (temporary) within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance and training.
As a Technical Purchaser you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Shipbuilding is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Purchaser and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.