- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As the Technical Superintendent/ Fleet Manager Dredging, you will oversee vessel operation and guarantee that they are operated safely, economically and efficiently. You will ensure they are maintained to a standard that allows them to fulfil operational requirements. Within the role you will also be responsible for the following:
- preparing for and monitoring budgets
- organising vessel repair, maintenance, docking, bunkering and support
- inspecting and auditing vessels
- arranging the logistics from - and to - the vessels
- managing a team working within fleet management activities
- carrying out staff training, as well as monitoring staff performance
- following up on contractual agreements
- ensuring the quick response and high availability of the team.
To be eligible for this job of Technical Superintendent/ Fleet Manager Dredging, you must have the following:
- over five years of experience in the maritime industry, preferably in a similar job or as a chief engineer
- experience in the preparation, execution and follow-up of ship repairs
- the ability to handle difficult situations, and negotiate executive and technical decisions
- excellent communication skills and a comprehensive grasp of English, both written and verbal
- first-rate people management skills
- ability to travel extensively worldwide
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging Technical Superintendent/ Fleet Manager Dredging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Technical Superintendent/ Fleet Manager Dredging, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Superintendent/ Fleet Manager Dredging and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.