- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Basic Engineer Naval Architecture, you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group and will be based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel in The Netherlands. The Shipbuilding Group is project based and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. As a Basic Engineer Naval Architecture, you are responsible for analyzing, designing, and maintaining IHC products, technologies, production processes, installations and equipment related to naval architecture. You work according to customer requirements, technical and operational guidelines in order to contribute efficient production and maximizing the quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment. Furthermore, as Basic Engineer Naval Architecture you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- you will analyze and assess customer requirements related to products and processes (materials, process, quality, product specifications) and perform initial opportunity and risk analyses;
- you will set up and complete a 3D model of the constructions, systems, equipment and procedures based on relevant information and specifications;
- perform structural calculations for global and local strength according to class and client requirements using FEA / FEM;
- you will examine the processed drawings on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user friendliness. Where needed you adjust or elaborate the documents and system information to provide input for detail plan for naval architecture
- you support internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and aftersales on technical aspects and questions;
- you will document activities performed on processes, installations and equipment and/or provide insight regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses;
- you will identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
To be considered as Basic Engineer Naval Architecture you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Naval Architecture or other technical discipline (e.g. mechanical engineering)
- at least three years relevant work experience gained in a similar position
- excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- flexibility to work in several disciplines within the Engineering Shipbuilding department
- excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- good communication skills in Dutch, or at least willingness to learn
- able and willing to work in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel in the Netherlands and willing to travel abroad.
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate for the vacancy of Basic Engineer Naval Architecture a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Basic Engineer Naval Architecture you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group. The Shipbuilding Group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The Engineering department of the Shipbuilding Group is based in Kinderdijk in The Netherlands.
The Engineering department is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we don't stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Basic Engineer Naval Architecture and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department of Royal IHC on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Royal IHC.