- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Lead Engineer Machinery and Piping you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group and will be based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel in The Netherlands. The Shipbuilding Group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. As a Lead Engineer Machinery & Piping you are responsible for developing engineering solutions for IHC products, technologies, production processes, installation and equipment in the field of machinery & piping. Furthermore you functionally lead and coordinate a team of engineers in the preparation and realization of project deliverables, in accordance with customer requirements, technical and operational guidelines. Besides you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- functionally lead, coach and develop employees of the team and appraise or give input to appraisal when applicable
- give technical advice in tenders and potential issues, barriers or gaps related to production of the owned discipline and provide input on production approach, sequence and budget implications
- support internal and external stakeholders during implementation, production and aftersales on technical aspects and questions
- identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and ensure and monitor implementation after approval
- analyze and assess customer requirements related to products and processes (materials, process, quality, product specifications) and perform initial opportunity and risk analyses
- examine the processed drawings on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user friendliness. Where needed adjust or elaborate the documents and system information and provide input for detail plan for machinery & piping. If applicable calculate weight and relevant technical details, and determine specifications for work to be outsourced
- revise the basic engineering package, based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others. when needed you will discuss with relevant stakeholders
- document activities performed on processes, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses
- keep up with relevant engineering methods, tools and technologies in the market and develop, improve, validate and implement new and existing methods, tools, technologies, procedures and protocols.
To be considered as the Lead Engineer Machinery and Piping you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical engineering or other technical disciplines (e.g. Naval Architecture)
- at least two years of relevant work experience in a similar position
- great leadership-, excellent analytical- and problem-solving skills
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- able and willing to work in Kinderdijk and/or Krimpen aan den IJssel in the Netherlands.
Royal IHC offers you as Lead Engineer Machinery and Piping a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Lead Engineer Machinery and Piping you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group. The Shipbuilding Group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The Engineering department of the Shipbuilding Group is based in Kinderdijk in The Netherlands.
The Engineering department is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we don't stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Engineer Machinery and Piping and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department of Royal IHC on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Royal IHC.