- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Mechanical Engineer Life Cycle Engineering you will participate in the engineering group for IHC Services. Life Cycle Engineering is a paid engineering activity for operational dredging vessels or offshore vessels. The services of Life Cycle Engineering consists of three main items:
- analyses and studies; from feasibility studies up to workability analyses
- engineering and design; from concept engineering up to production drawings
- naval architecture; from stability booklets up to lightweight checks.
- design of machine engine room installations and piping
- creating and/or checking diagrams, schemes, arrangement drawings, parts lists, production drawings, calculations, specifications or reports
- create technical concepts of equipment, installations or integrated systems
- inform, communicate and discuss with your team leader, class agency, client, suppliers and team members
- examine the processed drawings and documents on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness and, where needed, adjust or elaborate the documents and system information
- revise the basic engineering package, based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others, and where needed discuss with team leader and/or relevant stakeholders.
In order to qualify for the vacancy of Mechanical Engineer Life Cycle Engineering you have the following profile:
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical engineering or another technical discipline (e.g. marine engineering)
- relevant work experience gained in a similar position (mechanical engineering) and with 3D CAD, Solid Edge or NUPAS CADMATIC
- good analytical and problem-solving skills, service minded and pro-active, creative and a flexible attitude
- good communication skills spoke and written in English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable
- able and willing to work in Kinderdijk in The Netherlands
- only candidates with an EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening is part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Mechanical Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world. For more information please check www.royalihc.com/en/services
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Mechanical Engineer Life Cycle Engineering and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly to our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.