- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Lead Engineer (Detail Engineering Naval Architecture), you will be responsible for planning, checking and giving feedback on the detail engineering for hull sections and/or outfitting. You will be able to make small changes in the drawings yourself and solve issues during vessel commissioning. You will work according to customer requirements - as wel as technical and operational guidelines - in order to contribute to efficient production and maximise the quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of our vessels.
The engineering process starts with basic engineering and is followed by detail engineering. Depending on the building location - The Netherlands or abroad - the detail engineering will be performed by either IHC companies, non-IHC building yard or an external party.
In this position, you will have the following responsibilities:
- setting up and planning of the detail engineering
- maintaining contact with the detail engineers abroad
- checking the detail engineering drawings (hull sections and/or outfitting)
- giving feedback on the delivered package
- performing small modifications yourself (currently in Nupas, but is set to change to Siemens NX)
- liaising with production engineering and production
- problem-solving during the commissioning of the vessel
- work on standardisation documents.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a bachelor or master degree in naval architecture or other technical discipline
- three to five years of experience in a similar position
- excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- a proactive, creative and flexible approach
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- the capability to work across Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel in the Netherlands
- a willingness to travel abroad several times a year, and for several weeks at a time.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Lead Engineer Detail Engineering Naval Architecture you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
Engineering Shipbuilding is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Engineer Detail Engineering Naval Architecture and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.