- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Would you like to help build a better and competitive and knowledge-based Royal IHC? Well great, then we are looking for you!
As Cost Estimator, you will not only have a great influence on closing contracts you also make sure the company stays profitable. As you can imagine this is a big responsibility. In order to be the best in our field, Royal IHC is branching out. This means we will continue to build high-quality products our customers are accustomed to, but also exploring new markets. It’s an exciting and busy time for us and we are looking for a (young) professional who wants to help us achieve our goals.
As Cost Estimator, you are the link between the Sales, Supply Chain, Engineering and Production departments. You will be involved throughout the entire process of a ship’s construction (from the pre-contractual phase to completion). You are responsible for cost price estimates that you supplement with information relating to financing needs, interest calculations, etc. The focus is on the bigger picture rather than the details. You identify risks, (market) changes and sensitivities, and advise on process optimisation and cost reduction. You are close to the business; you visit clients, production sites, subcontractors and stock exchanges. Occasionally, you may even board a dredging or offshore vessel. Within this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- making budgets for complete custom-built products
- indicating and quantifying risks
- using statistics and mathematics for the creating of cost estimating relationships
- advising on cost reductions
To be eligible for the position of Cost Estimator, you must have the following:
- completed MSc. level education in aerospace, civil, electrical, industrial, mechanical, maritime engineering, mathematics or similar
- strong analytical and numerical skills
- able to build and maintain a network both internally and externally
- excellent organisational and communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- a strong personality, persuasiveness, assertiveness, flexibility and perseverance
- ability to work under time pressure
- experience in project and risk management is a plus
- 0 to 3 year work experience in a similar company and/or industry
Royal IHC offers you as Cost Estimator a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Cost Estimator you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Holland is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com
Are you interested in the position of Cost Estimator and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.