- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
IHC Shipbuilding is seeking a Hydraulics Engineer for its Engineering department. IHC Shipbuilding produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The department is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel in The Netherlands, and is part of Royal IHC – the global market leader in the construction of specialised ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships.
For every ship, IHC also develops advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas.
The Engineering department of IHC Shipbuilding is divided into five technical disciplines – Naval Architecture, Machinery and Piping, Electrical and Instrumentation, Dredge and Offshore Systems and Life Support Systems.
As Hydraulics Engineer, you will focus on systems for our offshore and dredging vessels and equipment within the Machinery and Piping area. You will coordinate all engineering work related to hydraulic equipment during the basic design stage, and will translate customer requirements into technical and functional specifications as part of a project team. You will work closely with hydraulic experts at IHC Hytop. Within this role, your duties will include the following:
- designing hydraulic systems, based on customer specifications at block diagram level
- producing switching diagrams
- producing functional descriptions for the electrical control of a hydraulic drive system
- defining cost-effective solutions alongside Hytop, subcontractors and our customers
- integrating the hydraulic system with the functionality of the vessel
- integrating components into the dedicated area (hydraulic room)
- producing hydraulic piping and instrumentation diagram/drawings
- coaching engineers on creating the detailed engineering information
- reporting to the Lead Engineer and project manager, and updating them on the technical progress of the project
- acting as first point of contact for colleagues, customers and suppliers during the design, production, commissioning and after-sales service
To be eligible for this role, you must have the following:
- a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- at least three years of relevant experience with hydraulics or mechatronics
- profound knowledge of hydraulics systems, preferably on board vessels
- knowledge of electrical control
- excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- an innovative, stress-resistant and flexible approach
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- the ability to work in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel.
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate the unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer you a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labor contract, competitive salary and benefits package and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
As a Basic Engineer Hydraulics, you will work in the Engineering department within IHC Shipbuilding. The Shipbuilding group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. IHC Shipbuilding’s Engineering department is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel.
IHC Engineering Shipbuilding is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across the Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Basic Engineer Hydraulics and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.