- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Engineer Accommodation Life-Support Systems you will work in IHC Shipbuilding’s Engineering department. IHC Shipbuilding produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The Engineering department is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel in the Netherlands. The Engineering Shipbuilding department is subdivided into five technical disciplines: Naval Architecture, Machinery & Piping, Electrical & Instrumentation, Dredge & Offshore Systems, and Life-Support Systems. The Engineer Accommodation Life-Support Systems works within the technical discipline of Life-Support Systems (LSS).
As Engineer Accommodation Life-Support Systems, you will be responsible for the basic engineering package of the accommodation for the vessels we produce. As well as delivering basic engineering drawing packages to the yard, you will also communicate with the building site, class bureaus and the customer on a daily basis. Furthermore, you will give technical support to the purchasing department for all of the parts to be purchased within the scope of LSS and to select the right supplier for each. General arrangement, and the plans for the number of rooms, doors and hatches, escape structural fire protection, insulation, floors (deck covering), the arrangement of the accommodation decks and inner stairs, windows and portholes, the field of vision, inner doors, safety and fire control. To be eligible for this position, you must be able to:
- analyse and assess customer requirements (eg materials, process, quality and product specification) and qualifying initial opportunity
- set up and complete 2D model of the accommodation, flooring, insulation, equipment and procedures, based on relevant information and specifications
- create and examine drawings for consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness. When required, you will adjust or elaborate on the documents and system information before proceeding with the detailed engineering. In addition, you will calculate the weight and relevant technical details to determine the specifications for any work to be outsourced.
- make installation and assembly drawings for production and revise the basic engineering package, based on non-conformities, your own insight or under the direction of others/IHC standards, and if applicable, discussing these with the Lead Engineer Shipbuilding, Team Leader Engineering and/or other relevant stakeholders
- document activities and make parts lists, material specifications, demarcations, enquiries etc.
- identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement, and ensure and monitor implementation after approval
- ensure that the designs comply with class requirements and statutory regulations
- work proactively in close cooperation with the Technical Manager LSS on continuous improvement, standardisation and development of design rules
- report hierarchically to the Technical Manager LSS and Project Manager to update them on the technical progress of the project.
To be eligible for the role of Engineer Accommodation Life-Support Systems you must meet the following requirements:
- at least bachelor degree in Naval Architecture with at least two years relevant working experience in a similar role within a technical, project-based organisation
- shipbuilding experience and excellent problem-solving skills
- knowledge of shipbuilding classification and rules, such as SOLAS, MLC etc.
- excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- innovative, stress-resistant and flexible approach
- ability to maintain an overview of your work, and work under pressure
- ability and willingness to work mainly in Kinderdijk, and also in Krimpen aan den IJssel
- only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you as Engineer Accommodation Life-Support Systems a challenging full-timee job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Engineer Accommodation Life-Support Systems you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Holland is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Engineer Accommodation Life-Support Systems and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.